DigitalSelf: Personal Information Management
- Integration and Exploration of Connected Personal Digital Traces (ExploreDB’17, ODBASE’17, CIKM’18 Demo)
- Personal Data Extraction (IIWeb’14)
- Context-aware Personal Information Search
Google Research Award, Remembrance of Data Past: Using Context in Personal Information Search, with Thu D. Nguyen (July 2012).
Explainable Rankings: Towards Explainable and Transparent Ranking Functions
Decentralized Collaborative Filtering: Privacy-aware Personal Recommendations
RelaxedQ: Semi-structured Data Scoring:
Scoring mechanisms to rank (approximate) structural matches to semi-structured data queries, and efficient algorithms to identify the best structural matches.
- In Personal Information Management Systems (TKDE’12, EDBT’11, IEEE DEB’09, EDBT’08, ICDE’08 demo)
- For XML Data (VLDB ’05)
NSF CAREER Award for the proposal: “Relaxed Content and Structure Queries over Heterogeneous Data”. (July 2009)
PERSEUS: Patient Emotion and stRucture SEarch USer interface
- Patient Forum Search (ICWSM’14, CIKM’13)
NSF CDI-Type I Grant “Gaining Knowledge from Other Patients: Structuring and Searching the content of Health-Related Web Posts” (October 2010).
Google Research Award for the proposal: “PERSEUS: Structuring and Searching the Content of Health-Related Web Posts,” joint with Noémie Elhadad, Columbia Biomedical Informatics. (April 2010)
- Over Web Sources (EDBT’14, IS’11,WebDB’07)
- In Join Queries (VLDB ’10)
- Over Disagreeing Views (WSDM’10)
- For Data Cleaning (CleanDB’06)
Microsoft Live Labs Search Award for the research proposal “The Truth Is out There: Aggregating Answers From Multiple Web Sources.“
URSA: User Reviews Structure Analysis
- Over a Restaurant Review Data Set (IS 2013, WebDB’09)
Google Research Award for the proposal: “URSA: Understanding User Reviewing Patterns,” joint with Noémie Elhadad, Columbia Biomedical Informatics.
A projection operator integrated in the Galax XQuery implementation project (VLDB’03 paper and Demo)
XML Version Management:
A change-centric model and diff tools (XyDiff) to identify and represent changes in XML documents. (VLDB’01, ICDE’02, BDA’00, BDA’01)
Top-k Query Processing:
Adaptive algorithms to efficiently identify a query’s top-k matching objects, for different scenarios (multimedia, web services, XML). (TKDE’04,TODS’04, ICDE’02)